Associate Director, Multipurpose Facility
Assists the Director or other appropriate administrator in the overall management and administrative direction of all aspects of a multipurpose facility. This position is generally responsible for the management of a multipurpose facility. Assists in the development and implementation of ongoing program to promote and solicit civic and commercial rental of the facility including the negotiation of contract rental rates, requiring substantial contact with civic groups, local, state, and national businesses, university support groups, and other related organizations. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other managers, professionals, and support staff*. This position reports to a Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice President, Director, or other appropriate administrator. This position may not report to another Associate Director.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing program to promote and solicit civic and commercial rental of the facility including the negotiation of contract rental rates, requiring substantial contact with civic groups, local, state, and national businesses, university support groups, and other related organizations. Maintains close relationships with student groups and organizations. Responsible for safety and security, maintenance, and marketing of the facility.
- Serves as part of a department’s leadership team.
- Leads the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists the Director in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervisor of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring the all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.