Assists in the planning, organization and implementation of instructional and evaluation activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs, including training workshops, conferences, and community presentations.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care.
- Develop educational materials and programs for the community.
- Prepare and distribute materials such as reports, bulletins and visual aids.
- Conducts client/community surveys
- Assesses individual and group health risks.
- Serves on health related task forces and advisory committees.
- Maintains all records and reports related patients.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may supervise others
- Oral Communications
- Effective Communications
- Effective Presentations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Dietary Guidelines
- Behavioral Therapy Management
- Health Counseling
- Health Care Policy And Ethics Compliance
- Patient And Care Giver Education
- Women’S Health
- Clinical Skills
- Nutrition Therapy
- Geriatric Care
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.