Network Technician Supervisor
This position serves in a supervisory role for designing, installing, configuring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network systems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Participates in the hiring, performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions for Network Technicians.
- Supervises the design, installation, and implementation of network infrastructure designs.
- Provides mentoring, training, development, and evaluation of Network Technicians
- Serves as Project Manager on multiple complex projects.
- Develops project scope document which includes problems, plan, resources, cost, and deliverables.
- Determines assignments of projects
- Implements preventative actions recommendations and solutions to recurring network problems.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position is responsible for providing supervision to the Network Technicians.
- Data Networks
- Local Area Networks
- Network Administration
- Network Performance Management
- Performance Management
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Staffing, Hiring, Selection
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Wide Area Networks
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.