Social Media Specialist
Executes social media activities, assesses social marketing performance and provides effective monitoring and collaborative approaches to enhance business efforts within the field.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Implements social media strategies and tactics, builds brand loyalty throughout multiple social networks and ensures that strategies are in-line with appropriate targets, timelines and techniques.
- Integrates social media campaigns into marketing initiatives and communication programs through external cooperation with local venders.
- Oversees social media efforts and activities; evaluates the effectiveness of social media outlets, (e.g. pages, blogs and sites)
- Research marketplace competitiveness, anticipates trends within the social media platform and identifies business opportunities through systematic analysis.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community or public interest groups.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience or an Associate’s degree and four years in an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Business Markets
- Project Administration
- Effective Communications
- Service Platform Operations
- User Operations
- Social Media Solutions
- Online Advertising
- Online Marketing
- Business Development
- Internet-Based Marketing
- Media Channel Management
- Media Production Scheduling And Control
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.