Telecommunications Applications Analyst I
Under direct supervision, assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify systems. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs. Assists in the review/assessment of user needs. Assists in the evaluation and selection of equipment. Recommends modification of procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of communication and collaboration technologies.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Prepares detailed requirements and specifications for services
- Assists in assessing existing system problems, document as necessary, and propose solutions
- Assists in the analysis, design, and implementation of technology services
- Assists in formulating and implementing procedures
- Recommends improvements to existing services
- Evaluates vendor products, and makes recommendations on selection
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree or a high school diploma and two years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Core Application Systems
- Data Networks
- Emerging Technologies
- Performance Management
- Service Excellence
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Telecom Regulatory Environment
- Voice Networks
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.