Knowledge of and ability to define, implement make changes to, and support a production application.
Describes basic concepts associated with supporting a production application.
Organizes relevant documentation or published materials on application maintenance policies and cycles.
Explains the urgency in repairing major locally relevant applications.
Locates and interprets application maintenance and operation documentation.
Participates in the support of a specific production application.
Studies application documentation to assess the scope and impact of requested changes.
Documents planned application enhancements; analyzes enhancement benefits and considerations.
Selects appropriate tools and techniques employed for maintenance in supporting a production application.
Provides day-to-day application support; handles updates, problems and failures.
Oversees maintaining and supporting services for multi-platform or critical applications.
Trains others on methods, tools and techniques for supporting multiple applications.
Manages the impact of change to applications within one's own area of responsibility.
Facilitates regulatory and mandated system enhancements.
Supervises the planning and development of enhancements for production systems.
Challenges application maintenance engineers to use reverse engineering tools for diagrams and documents.
Implements best practices for managing and implementing change for the production environment.
Consults to others on application integration and migration strategies.
Leads in developing and monitoring key performance and availability factors.
Monitors industry trends on application maintenance services; makes recommendations.
Defines strategies and practices for enhancing, maintaining and retiring application systems.
Promotes the use of reverse engineering tools for diagram legacy systems.
- How did you ensure adherence to application maintenance best practices in the organization?
- Tell me about the application maintenance related experiences you have participated in, in previous position(s).
- How did you ensure that staff/resource levels needed for application maintenance were established or maintained?
- What was the most challenging problem in terms of application maintenance and support that you encountered in your last position?
- What future trends and directions do you predict in application maintenance tools, techniques and methodologies?