Systems Admin/Programmer IV
This position is responsible for advanced level systems administration.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Is responsible for the development of medium to large UF IT projects.
- Is responsible for the implementation and support of Tier 2 requests including an after-hour and weekend rotation.
- Performs maintenance and installation of a variety of hardware and software systems including web, application, and database servers.
- Formulates and implements monitoring systems procedures and work plans.
- Is responsible for the preparation and modification of technical and capacity documentation.
- Researches and informs UF IT of upcoming industry changes and trends.
- Is responsible for ensuring the performance and reliability of multiple systems.
- May develop business continuity practices for IT systems.
- May perform capacity analysis, monitor and control use of IT resources.
- May develop enterprise hardware and virtualization standards.
- May develop infrastructure to support database and warehousing designs, or overall data architecture.
- May manage and maintain production and non-production databases.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Responsible for the leadership of medium/large sized projects and the direction of project efforts of 2 or more people.
- Problem Solving
- Application Maintenance
- Analytical Thinking
- Software Installation And Support
- Producing Results
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- System And Technology Integration
- System Testing
- Core Application Systems
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.