Web Developer III
Under general direction, works to plan, develop and deploy responsive websites including designing web architecture. Creates websites using HTML or other web-based programming languages and ensures site functionality in a twenty-four hour, seven days a week environment. Knowledge of server side scripting language such as PHP. May lead large development projects. May design and implement databases and web applications. . Responsible for maintaining a functioning user-accessible website. Typically requires a Master’s Degree and three years of appropriate experience or Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in web development.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements
- Designs, builds, and/or maintains websites and complex web applications, using various web based programming or scripting languages.
- Confers with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolves conflicts, develops functional criteria, or choose appropriate solutions.
- Develops application architecture that may be used in the case of disaster recovery or catastrophic failure of system
- Communicates, and enforces web and coding standards
- Identifies problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and corrects problems or refers problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluates code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured is secure, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Maintains understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading or participation in professional conferences, workshops or groups
- Develops or validates test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and addresses all browser device types.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree and three years of appropriate experience or Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in web development.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Information Capture
- Product Development Best Practices: Research, Identification, And Application
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Analytical Thinking
- Requirements Analysis
- Application Maintenance
- Web Development Tools
- Producing Results
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.