Product Development Best Practices: Research, Identification, And Application
Knowledge of and ability to research, identify and apply formal disciplines and best practices for improving the quality and costs related to product development.
Describes the concepts behind best practices.
Identifies the expected benefits of implementing best practices.
Cites examples of best practices and their relevance to the organization.
Locates and interprets best practice documentation relevant to one's area of responsibility.
Researches existing best practices within a phase of product development.
Reviews and assesses proposed criteria for identifying best practices.
Creates, disseminates, and maintains best practice documentation.
Addresses issues related to major resources and logistics for applying best practices.
Monitors the use and feasibility of best practices within a product development department.
Develops and implements validated best practices throughout the product development life cycle.
Evaluates the financial cost-benefit of implementing best practices across the product line.
Establishes benchmarks for determining which best practices are feasible for a given product.
Advises others on applying and optimizing best practices for new product development.
Updates current policies and standards to meet new best practice requirements.
Adapts product development best practices from one product line to another.
Advocates the application and implementation of best practices across all product lines.
Consults corporate product units on establishing necessary strategies for the adoption of applicable best practices.
Designs an advanced research methodology for product development best practices.
Creates and promotes mechanisms for effective sharing of best practices across various product development departments.
Leads discussions on the relationship between best practices and performance improvement.
Leads the research process and recommends the use of practices from outside the company or industry.
- What process improvement methods have you used and which do you rate as superior from your experience?
- Describe a major challenge you've experienced with this process or area. How did you deal with it? What was the resolution?
- What specific experiences in this area do you bring to this opportunity? How can your experience help us in our efforts?
- Give me an example of a successful best practice that you implemented at your previous workplace.
- How did you ensure adherence to best practices in the organization?