Social Media Producer
Develops and implements social media initiatives through an effective analysis of marketing efforts and external cooperation. Functions may include conceptualizing, developing, designing, producing, shooting, directing, and editing of social media projects; or the operation, maintenance and/or oversight of media facilities, production, and distribution-related activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Leads in presentations, project development and advertising techniques in order to increase brand awareness and support social media campaigns.
- Coordinate and develop all technical and logistical details for social media.
- Partners with various industrial stakeholders, including web producers and policy experts, to enhance the application of social media techniques in cross-promotion opportunities.
- Analyzes marketing efforts by managing customer requests/complaints; provides solutions to enhance campaign effectiveness.
- Coordinates activities/deadlines by posting an internal monthly calendar; monitors progress made through social media meetings.
- Learn and pilot new technologies.
- Develop content to effectively engage participants.
- Prepare reports to track social media metrics, including engagement and reach.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Products And Services
- Business Markets
- Core Application Systems
- Product Development Best Practices: Research, Identification, And Application
- Effective Communications
- Effective Presentations
- Relationship Management
- Application Development Tools
- Social Media Solutions
- Online Advertising
- Online Marketing
- Internet-Based Marketing
- Media Production Scheduling And Control
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.