Application Developer Analyst II
This is a professional level role that under general supervision, works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design to develop quality technical solutions. Has a solid understanding of IT systems, development lifecycle, quality assurance/testing, and integration methodologies.
Examples of Work
Job Functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Assists with recommendations towards the development of new code/data/reports or reuse/enhancement of existing.
- Assesses design options, designs technical requirements for application, identifies and analyzes problems, tests and debugs code, troubleshoots applications, maintains installed systems, produces and maintains documentation, and conducts application quality assurance.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation. Responsible for software integration, external interface development and technical documentation.
- Provides estimates of the analysis and development effort based on requirements
- Makes recommendations for development of new code or reuse/enhancement of existing code. May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and support of an enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts. Troubleshoots and tunes existing data warehouse applications.
- Develops best practices for development and execution of systems across the organization.
- Develop technical documentation (designs, specifications, processes) and communications
- Prepares and implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse and reporting. Understands quality assurance/testing methodologies.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Requirements Analysis
- Application Testing
- Application Maintenance
- Core Application Systems
- Producing Results
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.