Knowledge of and ability to develop, produce and distribute news, newsletters and other communications materials targeted at the employees.
Identifies the major responsibilities of the internal communications function.
Identifies major types and formats of internal communications.
Obtains documentation and information on standards and their usage.
Cites organizational examples of internal communications, events, or publications.
Participates in internal communication events or campaigns.
Assesses alternative delivery mechanisms for internal communications.
Assists in the development of internal communication materials.
Explains the organization's ethical practices, categorizing language as acceptable versus unacceptable.
Resolves common internal communications problems and obstacles.
Advises on the design and development of internal publications and events.
Organizes and coordinates internal communication functions and meetings.
Trains others on publishing an internal newsletter or periodical.
Compares and contrasts the benefits and drawbacks of different types of internal communications.
Evaluates key factors for developing local and cross-functional communications.
Estimates development and distribution costs for alternative internal communication platforms.
Establishes an internal communication mechanism within the organization.
Leads in the design and development of enterprise-wide internal campaigns.
Consults on the design and development of internal publications, marketing and reference materials.
Establishes policies and procedures for internal publications, events and announcements.
Generates case studies of effective and ineffective communication.
Promotes the organization's effectiveness of internal communication through major campaigns.
- What major internal campaigns did you organize in your previous position and what where the impacts?
- Tell me about internal communication initiatives you were responsible for in your previous position(s).
- Tell me about a time that you had to communicate a message to a large, diverse group of employees. How did you tailor the communication media to the target audience?
- How did you decide what information could be freely shared throughout the organization vs what was confidential to specific functions or departments?
- What kinds of internal communication problems have you encountered in your previous job(s)?