Originate and prepare written content such as scripts, essays, articles, and speeches for publication or performance.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Choose subject matter and suitable form to express feelings, experiences or ideas, or to narrate stories or events.
- Plan project arrangements or outlines, and organize material accordingly.
- Prepares works in appropriate format for publication
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium
- Conducts interviews and collects information from various sources and prepares into written format.
- Participates in publication production and distribution.
- Edits and reviews publications for one or more communication medium
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Service Excellence
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Organizational Communications
- Internal Communications
- News Media Communications
- Copywriting And Editing
- Research And Verification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.