Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
Lists the major activities involved in the communications function.
Names internal or external publications and sources of information that are relevant to the organization.
Identifies the various types and formats of communication that are commonly used outside of the organization.
Cites examples of organization-specific internal and external communications.
Explains the rationale for major organizational communication initiatives.
Participates in developing and coordinating a communications event or campaign.
Implements the major communications activities within the organization and helps support these functions.
Works with public media such as print, radio or television.
Researches common communications events and the associated media for such events.
Works with various types of organizational communications functions.
Designs and develops communications events and campaigns.
Interfaces with a variety of public and trade media.
Organizes executive briefings and arranges for proper media coverage.
Discusses the major benefits and drawbacks of different types of communications.
Aligns appropriate media and communication tools to the intended audience.
Advises others on a wide spectrum of communications programs.
Leads in the design and development of multimedia communications campaigns.
Ensures proper dissemination of information to the public and to shareholders.
Develops organizational communication strategies and policies.
Consults with executives and line managers concerning communications issues.
Champions the use of innovative communications vehicles and practices.
- What communication events did you design in your previous position?
- Tell me about organizational communication projects you were involved in.
- What communication strategies did you develop in your previous position and how were they tailored to your particular organization?
- How did you ensure proper dissemination of information to the public and to shareholders?
- How would you go about choosing the appropriate communication tools for different types of media?