Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction of any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Work with creative, editorial, production and marketing staff. Keep databases, spreadsheets and other records up to date.
- Proof and copy edit documents. Work with digital images and page layout software.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers’ marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
- Assist in gathering, organizing, editing, and preparing publications to be sent to graphics and design for printing or mailing.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and four years of relevant work experience. Appropriate education can substitute for the required experience
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Active Learning
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Oral Communications
- Organizational Communications
- News Media Communications
- Research And Verification
- Multimedia Technologies
- Knowledge Of Specific Publishing Software
- Content Evaluation
- Print Distribution
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.