This position designs, produces, and consults on a variety of internal communications materials and media.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in translating messages using the power of words, images, sounds, and animation in order to implement effective communication materials and campaigns.
- Participates in change management engagement for high-level institutional changes. Provides advice and expertise on all aspects of communications formats to ensure clarity and accuracy of the communications initiative.
- Oversees and establishes information and public relations campaigns to facilitate the dissemination of information across the university.
- Manages the content of various communication media including brochures, memos, and digital communication media. Conducts final review and approval before communications are released.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Copywriting And Editing
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Effective Presentations
- Organizational Communications
- Internal Communications
- Web Publishing Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.