Fine Arts Production Specialist
This is work coordinating technical, artistic service for fine arts and theater productions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs set construction.
- Makes ground plans, color sketches, work drawings, and other technical specifications essential to productions.
- Selects furniture, pictures, and set pieces for decorative quality and appearance.
- Advises on costume and wardrobe requirements.
- Designs and installs lighting and sound equipment.
- Directs the shifting of scenery and lighting.
- Maintains inventory and production equipment.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and six years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Active Learning
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Oral Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Organizational Communications
- News Media Communications
- Research And Verification
- Multimedia Technologies
- Knowledge Of Specific Publishing Software
- Content Evaluation
- Print Distribution
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.