Public Relations Specialist II
Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the public relations department. Maintain effective relationships with peers, vendors, and others in a diverse environment; support team decisions and follow through with team responsibilities; interpret information, ideas and instructions and communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Execute internal and external public relations campaigns through multi-channel dissemination to keep the public informed of the programs and achievements.
- Respond to media inquiries and coordinate interviews.
- Manage relationships with the media in promoting University programs.
- Coordinate public events and special projects as assigned.
- Determine appropriate distribution for media representatives and other University constituencies regarding important University information and events.
- Identify and execute tactics for reaching different populations.
- May lead a project team involved in completion of difficult assignments, requiring proficient knowledge of field of specialization; interpret and communicate information, ideas and instructions clearly, accurately and persuasively both verbally and in writing including materials intended for distribution; incorporate new facts and ideas into group processes and apply creative thinking to develop new solutions
Education and Experience
A Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Public Relations
- Organizational Communications
- Desktop Publishing Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.