Public Relations Specialist III
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities designed to create or maintain a favorable public image or raise issue awareness for their organization or client; or if engaged in fundraising, plan, direct, or coordinate activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects or organizations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Lead the planning of effective comprehensive internal and external public relations campaigns through multi-channel dissemination to keep the public informed of the programs and achievements of the University.
- May serve as key advisor to college, campus, or unit leadership when crisis communications/public relations issues arise.
- Research, interview sources, and translate complex subject matter into compelling press releases, features, and story tips/ideas, photographs and videos.
- Communicates with trade and business press editors
- Lead the identification and development of strategy and tactics for reaching different groups.
- Monitor expenditures related to public relations and special event activities.
- Provides a positive organizational image to the general public, clients, shareholders and the community
- Writes press copy and other documents for release to the media and public.
- Assign, supervise and review the activities of public relations staff.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits and develop and maintain company internet web pages.
- Develop and maintain areas image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Public Relations
- Organizational Communications
- Desktop Publishing Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.