Executive Communications Director
Responsible for all aspects of executive communications including speeches, correspondence, columns, social media, and videos.
Examples of Work
- Conduct background research and write compelling speeches to be used at various events and functions.
- Develop original and engaging content that aligns with the speaker’s objectives and resonates with the target audience.
- Work closely with speakers to understand their key messages, objectives, and personal style.
- Research and identify issues that are timely and of public interest.
- Write articles and other published works for executive leadership.
- Identify opportunities for published pieces and recurring columns.
- Generate and manage new content for websites and social media platforms.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of relevant experience
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Service Excellence
- Organizational Savvy And Politics
- Internal Sales And Marketing
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Oral Communications
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Cross-Team Integration
- Planning And Organizing
- Organizational Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.