Identifies, targets, and strategically builds relationships with colleagues, prospects, donors, and volunteers
* This competency pertains specifically to UF Advancement.
Identifies and cultivates relationships
Exhibits emotional intelligence in interactions with others
Reads verbal and non-verbal cues to determine a prospect's interest level and viable next steps in the relationship
Identifies, qualifies, and cultivates relationships to build engagement, support, and long-term commitment
Exhibits emotional intelligence by connecting with prospects' and other stakeholders' key interest(s)
Matches donor passions with organizational priorities
Crafts the gift proposal and successfully articulates the vision and impact behind the gift
Knows when to collaborate with partners in the organization to successfully meet the needs of stakeholders
Seeks ways to continuously improve the donor experience
Focuses on activities to inspire trust and enhance the relationship with UF
Possesses strong instincts on the appropriate messaging and steps required to meet stakeholder and organizational needs
Serves as a liaison between the organization, faculty, and prospects to enable mutually beneficial opportunities
Anticipates relationship challenges and finds ways to restore dormant or damaged relationships into positive outcomes
Leverages network to facilitate mutually beneficial relationships and collaborations across disciplines
Promotes cooperation and collaboration across multi-disciplinary colleges/units to achieve donor interests while enabling organizational goals
- Tell me about a time in which you had to develop collaborative strategies to move the prospect/donor to the next step in the donor cycle. What challenges did you face?
- Tell me about a time when you had to collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. college/unit). Were you able to mutually benefit from the partnership? Were there obstacles?
- Tell me about a time when you had to collaborate with external stakeholders (e.g. volunteers). Were you able to mutually benefit from the partnership? Were there obstacles?
- Tell me about a time you were able to restore a dormant or damaged relationship. What strategy did you use to rebuild the relationship? What did you learn?