The ability to demonstrate the discipline and resilience necessary to successfully achieve goals and strategies
* This competency pertains specifically to UF Advancement.
Sets and accomplishes goals.
Overcoming obstacles and challenges in the gifting process.
Often needs assistance managing the cultivation process and executing plans.
Appropriately manage the cultivation process.
Prepares, plans, and prioritizes development activities with passion, focus, and discipline in pursuit of the organization's overall mission.
Takes the initiative to reach out to colleagues or leadership for support and guidance.
Executes actions with urgency while balancing persistence with patience.
Manages the cultivation process and plan with milestones and metrics.
Makes the ask in a transparent and positive manner.
Identifies problems, analyzes issues, removes barriers, and seeks ways to turn challenges around.
Anticipates the need to redirect and reframe situations to create mutually beneficial outcomes for the donor and organization.
Pursues goals relentlessly and follows through consistently to drive completion and results.
Strategizes on ways to make the right ask at the right time with confidence and credibility.
Seeks innovative ways to exceed targeted fundraising goals in light of obstacles with resilience and commitment.
Drive unit and organizational goals in alignment with individual goals.
Coaches others on ways to ask with purpose generating a successful close.
- Tell me about the types of metrics you are responsible for in your current and/or previous roles and whether or not you are successful. What goals did you set?
- What resources were available to you that helped you meet your goals?
- Tell me about a time when you realized that you weren’t going to meet your fundraising goals and how you adjusted your strategy. What do you wish you had done differently?
- Tell me about a challenging prospect who needed to be redirected from distractions and nonproductive requests. How did you redirect him/her? What was the outcomes?