End User Computing Specialist II
Provides accurate, timely, and sustainable solutions to end user computer and networking problems of a moderate to complex nature to ensure end user productivity
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Configures, installs, monitors and maintains IT users’ desktop software, hardware, mobile computing devices, printers and other peripheral devices
- Provides consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-users computing and desktop-based LAN systems software.
- Assist users with resolving software issues pertaining to supported software
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving moderately complex software and device issues.
- Provides preventative actions recommendation for network issues.
- Serve as technical resource for users.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Service Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Remote Computing
- Customer Service Management
- IT Environment
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.