End User Computing Specialist III
Provides accurate, timely, and sustainable solutions to end user computer and networking problems of a highly complex nature to ensure end user productivity
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Analyzes customers’ business needs and develops techncial requirements, prepares Requests for Quotes (RFQs), configures integrated solutions to meet customer needs and implementing client solutions.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving highly complex software and hardware issues.
- Assists with identifying, diagnosis, and troubleshooting building level core network layer 3 infrastructure and network issues.
- Provides preventative actions recommendations and assists in finding solutions to recurring software and hardware problems.
- Serves as a technical consultant to the client interfacing team and must have the broad knowledge of multiple computer environments, platforms and technologies and in-depth knowledge of the institutions’ products.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and four years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate of required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Service Excellence
- Software Installation And Support
- Products And Services
- Field Support
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Remote Computing
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Problem Management
- Core Application Systems
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.