Telecommunications Applications Analyst II
Under direct supervision, assists in the formulation and definition of system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve moderately complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results. Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of communication and collaboration technology services. May function as lead position providing guidance and training to less-experienced analysts on individual services or projects.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Prepares detailed requirements and specifications for services
- Assesses existing system problems, documents as necessary, and proposes solutions
- Analyzes, designs, implements, and manages technology services
- Contributes to formulating policies and procedures
- Recommends new services and improvements to existing services
- Develops requests for proposals
- Evaluates vendor products, and makes recommendations on selection
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of experience, or a high school diploma and four years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Core Application Systems
- Data Networks
- Emerging Technologies
- Local Area Networks
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Network Architecture
- Problem Solving
- Producing Results
- Voice Networks
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.