Laboratory Equipment Operation
Knowledge of and ability to operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis while adhering to standard laboratory safety and operating procedures.
Identifies the key features and functions of laboratory equipment.
Identifies the main safety and operating policies and procedures concerning laboratory equipment. Describes types of biohazards associated with operating laboratory equipment.
Documents common types and functions of laboratory equipment.
Describes emergency response protocols in the event of laboratory equipment failure.
Operates and calibrates equipment in a basic laboratory environment.
Examines equipment to detect leaks, worn or loose parts, or other signs of disrepair.
Helps others understand laboratory equipment safety and operating policies and procedures.
Documents defective equipment and reports it to an appropriate supervisor.
Utilizes quality control techniques to monitor and maintain laboratory equipment.
Operates and calibrates equipment in multiple and diverse laboratory environments.
Advises on diagnosing and resolving laboratory equipment malfunctions.
Oversees laboratory equipment near-miss reporting.
Establishes risk-based criteria to evaluate laboratory equipment performance.
Establishes laboratory emergency response protocols and their rationale.
Supervises the safe purging of waste from laboratory equipment.
Designs laboratory equipment to better conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses.
Contributes to laboratory equipment performance improvement standards.
Leads in developing strategies for safe, reliable, and effective laboratory equipment operation.
Constructs improved policies and procedures for near-miss reporting.
Promotes the creation and use of more effective laboratory equipment sterilizers.
Monitors laboratory equipment trends and developments in diverse environments.
- Tell me about your past experience with operating, calibrating, and maintaining laboratory equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- What sort of problems did you encounter in the operation of laboratory equipment, and how did you resolve them?
- How did you calibrate laboratory equipment in your previous position?
- Tell me about some recent trends and developments related to laboratory equipment.
- How did you ensure that all laboratory equipment was properly sterilized?