Teaching Laboratory Specialist II
This is work operating and maintaining scientific laboratory facilities and equipment and assisting users.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Instructs others in the preparation of experimental laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Designs and develops teaching aids for use in laboratories.
- Consults with faculty members on equipment modifications or needs for use in scientific demonstrations.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, parts, and supplies used in scientific laboratories.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of new equipment and modifications/ replacement of current equipment.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and six years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Effective Communications
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Laboratory Equipment Operation
- Laboratory Practice Quality Assurance (LPQA)
- Laboratory Results Reporting
- Medical Research
- Self-Directed Growth And Development
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.