Application Database Administrator I
This is an intermediate professional level role that designs and supports DBMS of low complexity and assists in the design and support of DBMS of medium complexity under direct supervision.
The Application Database Administrator’s role is to design, monitor, maintain, and application performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
Examples of Work
Job Functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Analyzes data requirements, application and processing architectures, data dictionaries, and database schema(s), and then designs, develops, amends, optimizes, and certifies database schema design to meet system(s) requirements.
- Gathers, analyzes, and normalizes relevant information related to, and from business processes, functions, and operations to evaluate data credibility and determine relevance and meaning.
- Assists in the development and design of database and warehouse applications across multiple platforms and computing environments.
- Assists in the development of an overall data architecture that supports the information needs of the business in a flexible but secure environment.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Data Administration
- Database Backup And Migration
- Database Structures
- IT Environment
- Office Support Tools
- Problem Solving
- Query And Database Access Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.