Application Developer Analyst I
This is a professional level role that under direct supervision, works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design to develop quality technical solutions, with a good understanding of the IT systems and capabilities. Participates in, and has a good understanding of IT systems, development lifecycle, quality assurance/testing, and integration methodologies.
Examples of Work
Job Functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems. Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Participates in assessing design options, identifies and analyzes problems, authors codes, tests and debugs code, troubleshoots applications, maintains installed systems, produces and maintains documentation.
- Prepares and implements data verification and testing methods. Understands quality assurance/testing methodologies.
- Reviews data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Creates, supports and tests index and view scripts (e.g. ETLs, etc.) and troubleshoots existing data warehouse applications.
- Assists with developing software integration, external interface development and technical documentation.
- Assists with estimating of the analysis and development effort based on requirements
- Assists with recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse/enhancement of existing code.
- Assists in the development and execution of systems best practices across the organization.
- Develop technical documentation (designs, specifications, processes) and communications
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Producing Results
- Active Learning
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Application Design, Architecture
- Core Application Systems
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Requirements Analysis
- Application Testing
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.