Data Management Analyst III
Coordinate major data projects and develop strategies to manage institutional data. Research and make recommendations to improve institutional data management and reporting. Assist in development and implementation of measurement systems. May coordinate or supervise staff for ongoing or ad-hoc projects.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as lead analyst on assigned projects.
- Coordinates major data projects by developing instruments and methods for the evaluation and quality control of institutional data.
- Collaborates with IT staff on improvements to or development of data infrastructure.
- Researches and develops strategies to capture and manage emerging data requirements.
- Participates in or initiates proposal writing and funding searches; develops and/or presents training programs in field of expertise.
- Leads, guides, and trains data management staff/student employees, and interns, assigned to data management projects.
- May be assigned staff authority duties by management involving the direction and policy on inferential analysis of business operations.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Active Learning
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Information Assurance
- Customer Service Management
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Information Management
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.