Data Scientist I
The position of Data Scientist I is key for driving innovative science research. This position performs detailed analysis and interpretation of large, complex statistical data sets in order to discover new insights that answer difficult questions impacting research. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in statistical analysis, including data preparation and development for research.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides subject matter expertise in statistical data, models analysis and data science methods.
- Functions in a supporting role to ensure timely completion of advanced analytical or research project.
- Collect, clean, store, organize, maintain and integrate data and data infrastructure to support advanced analysis.
- Perform descriptive and exploratory analyses.
- Utilizes statistical software to analyze and interpret research data.
- Consults on research design and analysis techniques.
- Supports manuscript and grant writing efforts for faculty related to statistical plan and results.
- Supports the creation of presentations, publications, and other communications.
- Independently manages projects and workloads.
- Adheres to research and data security protocols and complies with federal, state, ad sponsor policies
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Gathering And Analysis
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Producing Results
- Effective Communication**
- Research Documentation
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.