Data Scientist II
The Data Scientist II is instrumental in advancing innovative science research coordinating data curation and analysis for research projects with minimal supervision. This role involves using data science and statistical analysis knowledge, participating in project and analysis plan development, and contributing to reporting.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Providing expertise in statistical data, model analysis, and data science methods.
- Collect, clean, store, organize, maintain, and integrate data to support advanced analysis.
- Performing complex analyses, predictive modeling, machine learning, simulations, and visualizations.
- Conducted ad-hoc analyses and presented results clearly.
- Utilizing statistical software for research data analysis.
- Communicating and presenting results to faculty and collaborators.
- Advising on research design and analysis techniques.
- Collaborating on manuscript and grant writing.
- Independently managing projects and workloads.
- Adhering to research and data security protocols.
- Consulting on the application of data governance.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field and three years of experience; Master’s Degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field and one year of experience; Doctoral Degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field.
Licensure and Certification
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Gathering And Analysis
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Producing Results
- Effective Communications
- Research Documentation
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.