Data Scientist II
The position of Data Scientist II is key for driving innovative science research. This position coordinates the data curation and analysis for research projects under the guidance of project leads and uses knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in data science and statistical analysis with minimal supervision. May participate in project and analysis plan development, and in reporting.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides subject matter expertise in statistical data, models analysis and data science methods.
- Collect, clean, store, organize, maintain and integrate data and data infrastructure to support advanced analysis.
- Performs complex descriptive and exploratory analyses, predictive modeling, machine learning, simulations, and visualizations.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses as required and present results in a clear manner.
- Utilizes statistical software to analyze and interpret research data.
- Communications and presents results to internal or external faculty and collaborators.
- Advises on research design and analysis techniques.
- Collaborates on manuscript and grant writing efforts.
- Independently manages projects and workloads.
- Adheres to research and data security protocols and complies with federal, state, ad sponsor policies.
- Consults with project leaders on the application of data governance.
Education and Experience
A master’s degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field and at least three years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Gathering And Analysis
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Producing Results
- Effective Communications
- Research Documentation
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.