Data Scientist III
The position of Data Scientist III is key for driving and leading innovative science research. This position coordinates the data curation and analysis for research projects and uses knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in data science and statistical analysis to with minimal supervision. Provides suggestions to improve the research process and participates in project and analysis plan development, and in reporting.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides subject matter expertise in statistical data, models analysis and data science methods.
- Assists in leading projects focused on statistical models and predictive analytics, machine learning, and other research data science driven initiatives.
- Utilizes statistical software to analyze and interpret research data.
- Discover and identify opportunities to utilize advanced analytics techniques and data mining to answer scientific and research questions.
- Creates statistical reports of analyses and predictions and assists in planning statistical models and application with minimal guidance.
- Assists in interpretation of data, and statistical and interpretive reporting.
- Enhances and maintains data infrastructure capable of supporting advanced analyses.
- May evaluate, create, or drive adoption of emerging analytics tools for the organization.
- Communications and presents results to internal or external faculty and collaborators.
- Collaborates with faculty and partners (internal and external) on project, manuscript, and grant development.
- Independently manages projects and workloads.
- Adheres to research and data security protocols and complies with federal, state, ad sponsor policies.
- Consults with leaders on the application of data governance.
Education and Experience
A doctorate in a related field with one year of relevant experience in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field. A Master’s degree with three years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Gathering And Analysis
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Producing Results
- Effective Communication**
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.