Data Scientist IV
The Data Scientist IV plays a crucial role in leading innovative science research. This includes coordinating data curation and analysis applying data science and statistical analysis concepts, practices, and procedures. The role involves participating in project and analysis plan development, reporting, and supervising project staff such as analysts or coordinators.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Providing expertise in statistical data, model analysis, and data science methods.
- Leading projects in statistical models, predictive analytics, machine learning, and other data science-driven initiatives.
- Utilizing statistical software for research data analysis and interpretation.
- Discovering opportunities for advanced analytics and data mining.
- Creating statistical reports and planning statistical models.
- Managing projects, adhering to research and data security protocols.
- Consulting on data governance and coordinating project team workflows.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field and seven years of experience; Master’s Degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field and five years of experience; Doctoral Degree in data science, statistics, bioinformatics, analytics, or similar field and three years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Gathering And Analysis
- Data Gathering And Reporting
- Producing Results
- Effective Communication**
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.