IT Project Manager I
Under direct supervision, oversees a small project or phases of a larger project. Facilitates projects from original concept through final implementation; works with customer(s) to define project scope and objectives. Responsible for coordinating activities of project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Develops detailed work plans, resource plans, project estimates and status reports as needed for small projects and phases of larger projects. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards, UF policies, procedures and best practices, and reviews project deliverables. May report to a higher level IT Project Manager.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Meets with customer to determine customer expectations regarding the project.
- Conducts project meetings and communicates project status with customers, project team members, vendors and supervisors
- Researches, analyzes, and seeks resources for resolution of issues that impede project progress
- Works with project team members to obtain approval and authorization for access to UF computing resources as needed for the project
- Meets with vendors to discuss customer expectations and explain UFIT policies and procedures and access to computing resources
Education and Experience
Master’s degree; or a bachelor’s degree and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have limited supervision of staff assigned to specific tasks or projects until the tasks or projects have been completed.
- IT Project Management
- Effective Communications
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Analytical Thinking
- System Development Life Cycle
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility And Adaptability
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.