This position serves an internal recruitment consultant to hiring authorities. Responsible for developing and implementing recruitment strategies that attract and retain qualified candidates for vacancies.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for providing creative sourcing solutions to customers in a consultative role. Recruiting through a variety of sources, including Internet, professional associations, networking, ads, job fairs, university relations, etc.
- Provide strategic recruiting solutions at all levels of the organization to fill both current and future positions.
- Identify and attract talent, screen and interview candidates; develop, create and present strategic staffing plans, utilize technology (excel, power point, etc) to organize work flow for customers
- Provide regular reporting to business leaders on hiring activity, market intelligence, strategic initiatives, project updates.
- Identify gaps and provide solutions to continuously improve talent acquisition function and service levels.
- Build relationships and rapport, establishes credibility and trust, and develops a consulting and advisory relationship with hiring managers.
- Facilitate and lead projects that improve or enhance the talent Acquisition process, including but not limited to workforce analysis and pipeline talent
- This position serves as an expert consultant, coach and leader of organizational change as it relates to the acquisition of talent
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Staffing And Recruiting
- Candidate Sourcing
- Candidate Screening
- Diversity Recruiting
- Employee Selection
- Relationship Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Mentoring Others
- Information Capture
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.