Word Processing Software
Knowledge of features and functions of word processing software; ability to use word processing software to create, format, edit and print various types of documents.
Describes major functions and features of organization's word processing software.
Documents tasks which are routinely performed using word processing.
Compiles a list of common word processing terms such as pagination, word wrap, and page break.
Seeks help from tutorials for solving problems and learning new features.
Follows organizational procedures and regulations to develop, name, store and print basic documents.
Performs basic editing tasks using select, insert, change, delete, cut, copy and paste text.
Applies text and page formatting features like indents, spacing, tabs, margins, page breaks, etc.
Reviews edited work by using spell or grammar checking and thesaurus.
Explains when, why and how to perform outlining and associated formatting tasks.
Teaches others how to work with tables, menus and toolbar customization.
Recommends which templates, styles, style sheets and form fields to use for each type of document.
Incorporates graphics and external tables into documents.
Develops a variety of complex documents such as newsletters, reports, brochures.
Builds tables of content, indexes, footnotes and other large document features and supplements.
Coordinates processes for sharing documents and version control.
Mentors others on using word processing software in multiple environments.
Consults on the full range of uses and capabilities of alternative word processing packages.
Leads discussions on the functionality of the current version versus prior versions and other word processors.
Develops and presents business cases to justify upgrading to current versions of software.
Predicts marketplace trends and directions for word processing software.
Leads in troubleshooting and diagnosing complex problems found in documents.
- How did your organization use features and functionality of the word processing software to improve employee efficiency?
- Tell me how you helped others efficiently and effectively create documents using the organization's word processing software.
- Tell me about the main steps you took to create documents using word processing software.
- Tell me about the kinds of word processing software you have used and the deliverables you produced with them.
- Describe the compatibility problems you have encountered when importing word processing packages.