Assists scientists under close supervision by performing a variety of routine scientific tasks; may prepare test specimens; setup and operate standard laboratory equipment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists with laboratory duties in a research setting. Performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager, or higher level technician.
- Aides investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments, and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment
- Performs a variety of routine scientific tasks; may prepare test specimens; setup and operate standard laboratory equipment of moderate complexity; record data providing basic analysis and interpretations.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
- Quantitative Research
- Research Documentation
- Web-Based Research
- Word Processing Software
- Effective Communications
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Active Learning
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Qualitative Research
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.