Research Assistant IV
Assists researchers under minimal supervision by performing a variety of non-routine scientific tasks. Plans and conducts a project or a large portion of a more diverse project. Independently conducts a wide array of laboratory techniques and procedures using judgement when necessary to resolve complex problems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Extensive proven competency and experience. Plans and conducts a project or a large portion of a more diverse project. Mastery of specialized lab techniques and evaluation of problems. Perform non-routine procedures and resolve complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of intangible variables. Exercise judgement in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Fully competent and proficient in performing complex interpretations and analyses.
- Fully competent and proficient in operating sophisticated scientific lab equipment, having ability to perform complex procedures and techniques with accuracy.
- Responsibilities typical include one or more of the following: In supervisory capacity, plans, organizes, and directs assigned projects. Supervises medium to large sized staff of professional level employees.
- Perform complex or novel assignments requiring development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Demonstration of initiative, creative, and appropriate problem solving, and troubleshooting proficiency to advance scientific goals is essential.
Education and Experience
A master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Quantitative Research
- Qualitative Research
- Research Documentation
- Research Document Components
- Web-Based Research
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Word Processing Software
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Self-Directed Growth And Development
- Effective Communications
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Active Learning
- Office Support Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.