Web Designer I
Under general supervision, design and build webpages, including user interface features that include interactive element and high levels of usability using current technologies.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Contributes as a member of a design team to identify user requirements, web architecture, and project scope.
- Develops design concepts for implementation.
- Designs graphic features for print or online.
- Researches emerging web based technologies.
- Contributes to the design group’s efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization’s online offerings.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree; or an associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Producing Results
- Web Trends & Directions
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Web Development Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.