Web Designer II
Under general supervision, design and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools. Design and develops user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements. Participates in user research, creates user interface detailed design, and performs usability tests. Contributes to the design group’s effort to enhance usability and appeal of the organization’s online offerings. Design the website to support the organization’s strategies and goals relative to external communications.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Contribute as a member of a design team to identify user requirements, web architecture and project scope.
- Develops design concepts for implementation
- Designs graphic features for print or online
- Maintains understanding of current and emerging web technologies.
- Contributes to the design group’s efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization’s online offering.
- Evaluates design elements to ensure proper structure and compatibility with browsers and devices.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or an associate’s degree and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Producing Results
- Web Trends & Directions
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Web Development Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.