Alumni Relations Assistant
This position will work assist in the development and implementation of assigned program and be the first point of contact providing customer service and assistance as needed.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist in implementing programs to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
- Assist in meeting established goals and objectives for the department and the university.
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal and external customers for University of Florida Alumni Association (UFAA). Answers, screens, and prioritizes telephone calls/emails and responding to inquiries promptly.
- Assist with brochures and promotional items.
- Maintain supplies for various activities throughout the year and keep inventory.
- Serve as liaison between departments and attendees.
- Coordinate and maintain accurate records for the department.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and documents; maintain calendar; schedule meetings and take minutes; screen confidential/office mail; make travel arrangements.
- Responsible for processing and tracking disbursement requests, expense sheets, travel expense reports, and contracts for membership.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.