The ability to obtain, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information effectively.
* This competency pertains specifically to UF Advancement.
Analyzes, synthesizes, or evaluates information effectively.
Identify goals to make decisions based on short-term and long-term implications.
Thinks through outcomes before making a decision.
Uses data to make logical decisions, keeping in mind both short-term and long-term outcomes.
Exemplifies attention to detail, deliberate planning, and structured organizational skills.
Collects and considers relevant information to resolve challenges.
Uses intellectual curiosity to expand one’s breadth and depth of knowledge across disciplines before making a decision.
Utilizes metrics and analytics to quantify, track, interpret implications, and plan short-term and long-term strategies.
Understands the organization’s initiatives and recognizes the importance of all contributing factors when making decisions.
Demonstrates the ability to maximize finite resources when making a decision.
Creates ideas that lead to new opportunities that increase efficiency, simplicity, and/or revenue.
- Share a situation in which you were required to analyze and solve a complex problem in your department. How did you determine what actions to take and which methods to use?
- Share a time you were responsible for setting goals for yourself or your team. What strategy did you use? How did you account for the short-term and long-term implications?
- Describe a time when you were tasked with a project with limited resources. What was your approach? Did you encounter any roadblocks? Were any anticipated?
- Share a brainstorming session with colleagues where many ideas were discussed. How did you contribute and tell me how you used the information to form your next steps.