Director of Donor Relations
This position will develop strategic collaborations that support UF’s priorities and donor involvement and engagement needs and will execute the strategies and tactics to expand and inspire in support of the university initiatives.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies of all aspects of the donor relations and/or stewardship program for assigned college or campus
- Identify and recruit alumni for participation in donor relations programs
- Engage in marketing and communications efforts related to donor relations/stewardship program; may include writing for print and on-line publications
- Participate in the strategic and long range planning for new initiatives and programs designed to enhance the donor relations and/or stewardship activities of assigned college or campus
- Communicate stewardship objectives and the associated responsibilities to unit director and other internal and external leaders
- May supervise, train and direct the work of assigned staff
- Manage event budgets and portfolios
- Manage donor recognition plans for major/principal gifts
- Identify opportunities and execute plans for supporting campus-wide and unit-based development officers
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in donor relations or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience in donor relations or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.