The ability to understand and navigate governance, administration, and culture in the internal and external environment, demonstrating commitment to the organizational mission.
* This competency pertains specifically to UF Advancement.
Applies policies, practices, or procedures in a manner that supports processes.
Acts in a way fully aligned with the organizational mission, goals, and values.
Navigates the organizational governance, administration, and culture effectively.
Knows when to collaborate with partners in the organization to successfully meet the needs of stakeholders.
Maintains awareness and knowledge of the organization’s tradition and recent developments.
Maximizes resources and experts to achieve development goals in support of the organization’s mission.
Seeks out knowledge and awareness of the profession through benchmarking.
Ensures alignment of one’s own goals and activities with that of the organization.
Understands and anticipates the impacts of decisions and changes to the organization.
Is recognized as a subject matter expert.
Steers efforts to enable self and others to gain a broader and deeper understanding of the organization’s brand and mission.
Creates awareness across campus on the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Give me an example of a decision that was made that had an adverse (or positive) impact on another department. How did you react? How did you counsel the stakeholders?
- Share a time when you identified and capitalized on industry best practices to enhance your competitive advantage.How did you discover this and what actions did you take?
- Describe a time where your understanding of the organization enabled you to implement an idea that strategically aligned with your organization’s mission.
- Share a time where you provided insight to a colleague on political, social, or economic issues impacting the organization. What led you to provide the advice?