Assistant Vice President Alumni Affairs
This position will manage the Alumni Affairs team, ensuring alignment with the goals of annual work and business plans and assume overall responsibility for implementation of strategic initiatives.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible to the Associate Vice President of Alumni Affairs and may be delegated responsibility for the overall direction and management of a specific functional area.
- Responsible for assisting in directing the operations and activities associated with the obtaining, receipt, management and administration of resources generated for the university from alumni, friends, foundations, corporations, and other private industry supporters.
- Manage and guide the unit’s senior directors in implementing and promoting alumni programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual business planning and fiscal planning ensuring alignment of the budget with the Alumni Affairs strategic goals and initiatives.
- Responsible for researching industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices. Develops, recommends and implements changes accordingly to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet goals and objectives.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience progressive experience with demonstrated success in alumni affairs programs/events; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and ten years of appropriate experience progressive experience with demonstrated success in alumni affairs programs/events.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.