Takes responsibility for work activities, personal actions, and self-development.
* This competency pertains specifically to UF Advancement.
Assumes responsibility for personal actions.
Sees projects through to completion.
Accepts feedback or admitting mistakes, errors, or oversights.
Takes ownership for professional development and staying current on industry trends.
Conducts work in an ethical manner, with purpose and ownership, making the most of one’s time and resources.
Demonstrates follow-through in a timely manner.
Meets the Gold Standard in their work.
Establishes individual targets and milestones (in conjunction with supervisor) to track progress towards meeting goal.
Identifies ways to encourage accountability of self and others.
Pursues opportunities for individual and professional development required to achieve exceptional service and desired results.
Serves as a role model on ethical behavior and proactively alerts leadership of issues compromising integrity.
Openly accepts feedback and demonstrates a desire to improve.
Leads efforts to maximize established measures of quality.
Leads efforts to address issues compromising the best interests of the unit/ organization.
Serves as a leader in one’s individual field by staying ahead of new advancements in the profession.
- Tell me about a time when you made an error or mistake. Who did you tell? What was the impact and how was it resolved?
- Tell me about a time your supervisor provided you with constructive feedback. How did you handle/react to the feedback? How did you implement the feedback?
- What have you done to enhance your knowledge/skills to become more effective in your current role? What resources were available? How did you implement this knowledge/skill?
- Give an example when you served as the Subject Matter Expert in your current (or prior) role. Who was the audience? How did you incorporate resources/guidelines/policies?