Director Strategic Risk Management
This position will be responsible for planning, directing, monitoring, and overseeing all types of risks including, but not limited to business, financial, legal, people and security for buildings, processes, operations, initiatives, opportunities, grounds, events and facility construction & renovation. This position reports to a Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice President, Associate Dean, or other appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develop, execute and manage the system operating plan in concert with the company strategic plan and ensure that goals are achieved.
- Develop innovative risk assessment methodologies to evaluate business risks from external causes and internal exposures and process inefficiencies.
- Ensure a uniform and coordinated approach to risk assessments by providing guidance documents and facilitating assessments by business units.
- Facilitate implementation of strategies to address identified risks through development and revisions of policies, procedures and work instructions and by convening and serving on ad hoc and task-specific teams.
- Develop and maintain an organizational risk catalog and related risk assessment documentation.
- Oversee development and administration of regulatory compliance tracking procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and standards.
- Develop a comprehensive business resilience planning framework, in conjunction with safety and other operating departments, to ensure continuity of operations following disasters.
- Participate in developing the company’s operating plan and ensure that the business system’s operations support the goals of that operating plan.
- Manage and steward the Integrated Opportunity and Risk Management (ORM) program providing regular revisions and updates as necessary.
- Build out and steward the development and management of all operative unit’s business resumption plans.
- Manage all Disaster Recovery Plans from each unit are developed, reviewed and implemented.
- Provide support, consultation and management for the development, construction, renovation and space planning of satellite offices, expansions and/or gift properties.
- Partner with senior leadership to communicate policies and procedures to transform risk analysis into tangible results and/or recommendations.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in Risk Management or a related field; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and five years of experience in Risk Management or a related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.