Associate Director of Alumni Relations
This position will execute the strategies and tactics within the strategic plan with the goal of driving membership and cultivating donors.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible the Director and Senior Director for Alumni Affairs.
- Responsible for developing programs to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
- Supervise the assigned areas of responsibility to ensure that the established goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and met.
- Provide leadership and direction in policy development.
- Responsible for organizing, coordinating, and promoting university-wide special events designed to promote academic and non-academic activities within the university.
- Plan, organize, and work with college volunteers and development officers and coordinate contact with the university alumni.
- Assist with supporting the University of Florida board committees as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the annual budget.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field.
Licensure and Certification
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.