Prospect Strategy Analyst II
Under general supervision, this position provides prospect management and strategy development to designated colleges/units to help development officers engage prospects. Will have a primary responsibility for a project or activity.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Research, gather, and compile structured and unstructured data.
- Maintain computerized collection and tracking of relevant data.
- Assess gift capacity of potential donors.
- Assist approximately 10 or more development officers of assigned colleges/units in prospect strategy development and documentation.
- Identify creative, strategic methods to help development officers engage prospects.
- Recommend prospect assignments and quality prospect pools to development officers.
- Review contact reports of each development officer in assigned colleges/units for updates to prospect plans and strategies.
- Update the constituent relationship management system with information from contact reports and meetings with the development officers (examples: prospect plans, ratings, assignments).
- Serve as liaison between college/unit development officers and UF Advancement.
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to resolve or provide information regarding complex research and data problems.
- Recognize when issues, activities, and/or decisions need to be elevated to management, and communicate information effectively to others.
- Provide key support and insight in the maintenance of viable portfolios via portfolio review sessions (including meeting preparation and follow up); provide ongoing analysis and analytics of portfolios, moves and stages.
- Provide corporate/foundation research as needed.
- Identify new prospects for fundraising and other initiatives.
- Track news alerts and manage information updates to be saved in the donor database.
- Assist in maintenance of fundraising pipeline and gift solicitation data integrity, and conducts monthly check-ins with development officers.
- Develop and evaluate alternatives, recommendations, solutions, and conclusions or approaches to research problems.
- Work under guidelines for governed by unit procedures, processes, and manuals.
- Identify required data, information, materials, and resources needed to complete/perform special projects as assigned.
- Identify required data, information, materials, and resources needed to complete/perform a project.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.